Slovak Village takes its responsibilities to provide a safe environment for all residents very serious. Staff will take action to terminate the tenancy of any resident (or resident’s guest) who is involved in an illegal act.
If you see or suspect anyone engaging in illegal activity, please call Brantford Police Services at (519) 756-7050 or Crime Stoppers at (519) 750-8477.
Staff will take steps to terminate a tenancy for the following acts:
- Tampering with fire alarm systems (detectors, bells, pull stations)
- Disconnecting door closers
- Drug related activity
- Assault, threatened assault or any other activity that threatens the health, safety or welfare of the residents or the landlord on the premises
Code of Conduct of Staff
All staff are to ensure high standards of service and conduct. Staff may not:
- Accept tips, money or gifts from residents at any time
- Sell items or services to residents
- Buy or take property or belongings from residents, their families or their estates and use it for personal gain
- Accept payment for services during or after work hours
- Borrow money or items from residents
- Come to work in an unfit condition due to alcohol or drug use
- Verbally or physically abuse residents, guests, staff members, service agency representatives or anyone else in the work place